Sometimes your child may lose a tooth too soon due to decay or an accident. Maintaining this space is essential to prevent space loss in the future when permanent teeth try to grow in. With the help of a space maintainer from Dr. Chris King, Dr. Paul King and the trusted experts at Camelot Dental Group, we can ensure that your child’s mouth will have enough room for all their teeth to grow in.
Types of Space Maintainers
We offer a variety of space maintainers to suit your child’s needs.
- Band and Loop Maintainer
- Made of stainless steel wire
- Held in place by a crown or band on the tooth next to the empty space
- Wire is attached to the crown or loop and rests on the side of the tooth
- Lingual Arch
- Used on lower teeth when the back teeth on both sides of the jaw are lost
- Wire placed on the tongue side of the arch
- Attached to the tooth in front of the open space
- Helps prevent teeth from shifting backwards into the open space
Your child’s comfort is our priority. Our team will ensure that the space maintainer fits comfortably for your child to ensure it works properly and does not cause any discomfort.
It is important for your child to avoid sticky foods to ensure the space maintainer is not damaged. Also, please encourage your child to not push or pull on the device with their tongue or fingers. Proper brushing and flossing is also essential to ensure no build up develops on the device.
Space Maintainers in Columbus
If your child loses a tooth too early, we are here to help ensure the children of Columbus have lifetimes of healthy smiles. With our space maintainers and our caring team, we will make the entire process easy and comfortable for you and your child. If you would like to schedule a consultation or speak with one of our helpful team members, please call us today at 614-451-5115.